Fáilte romhat! Welcome to Gaeltacht Minnesota!
Want to Learn to Speak Irish?
Introductory course for beginners offered in October, Registration is now open!
Gaeltacht Minnesota will be offering a four-week introduction to Irish Gaelic this October. This class will:
- Teach you some very basic conversation.
- Explain how Irish spelling relates to the sounds of the language, so you can begin to sound out Irish words.
- Get you started on some basic elements of Irish grammar, without going overboard on fine details so we can concentrate on using the language.
- Qualify you to join our free Monday classes if you complete all four weeks. Many students who started with this "Intro" class have continued to learn Irish with Gaeltacht Minnesota for years!
The class is offered through St. Paul Community Education. Here are the practical details.
- Class meets on the four Mondays in October (Oct. 7 - 28), 7-9 pm at Central High School.
- Registration is through Community Ed. Go to their site for more information, or go here to register. You can register on-line, by phone or mail, see details on their site.
- The course name is Irish Gaelic I and the course number is #4010FEA.
- Course fee is $64 (which goes to Community Ed, not to Gaeltacht Minnesota. We teach this course on a voluntary basis.)
Join us to get a taste of this fascinating language. And if it tastes good, continue to explore the language with us for free!
News for Current Students
( Handy calendar on the Events page.)
Classes resume at Central on September 23.
"Intro" will be taught during the four Mondays in October.
Class Pages Updated . . .
Comments and questions are welcome